We’re excited to announce that the museum is now open Monday to Saturday until the end of October. We will also be open on bank holiday Sunday at the end of August.
Tickets can be bought on the door but buying in advance makes entry quicker and easier for you and helps us to manage visitor numbers.
Step back in time and enjoy discovering Pickering's fascinating heritage. Immerse yourself in the past and imagine having a drink in the pub, a haircut in the barber's or queueing for sweets at the grocers. Watch our blacksmiths as they work in the forge (ring for times). Explore our agricultural and craft exhibitions before admiring images of Pickering Past by celebrated local photographer Sydney Smith (1884-1958). Why not extend your visit and bring a picnic to enjoy in our beautiful grounds by the beck?
Adult Annual Pass £7
Concession Annual Pass £6
Child Annual Pass (5-16) £4
Family Annual Pass (2 adults + up to 3 children) £18
Children (Under 5) Free
Carer accompanying ticket holder Free
Your annual pass means that you can enjoy revisiting the museum as many times as you like for a year.
To help you enjoy the museum safely we’ve introduced the following measures:
- On arrival we will ask everyone over 16 to complete a track and trace form or
scan our QR code
- All visitors and staff will require face masks, unless you have an exemption
- Protective screens have been installed in the admissions area
- Hand sanitizers are available on entry and at regular intervals around the
- We are limiting visitor numbers and have introduced a one-way system to give
you more space and time to enjoy the exhibits
- We have increased cleaning of high touch areas and throughout the museum
- Contactless payment is available and preferred